GU Path has diagnosed over 30,000 prostate cases to date under the leadership of Edward J. Garcia, M.D. and is rapidly becoming the single site resource for quality prostate, kidney and bladder cancer diagnoses in Central Florida. Dr. Garcia offers unparalleled expertise in the diagnoses of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the urinary tract, male genital tract and testes. With state-of-the-art technology and a team of performance-driven board certified pathologists, GU Path has the necessary experience and resources to aid urologists in the treatment and subsequent management of various urologic conditions.
- Tumor quantification for positive prostate biopsies
- Inconclusive diagnoses for prostate cores and bladder biopsies are well below published levels
- Broad spectrum of biomarkers to assist in cancer detection and staging
- ThinPrep urine cytology as well as UroVysion for bladder cancer detection and monitoring
- Frozen section coverage for some service areas
- Consultations and second opinions on slides prepared outside of our laboratory
- Internal expert review for all abnormal cases