DermatoPath focuses exclusively on the needs of dermatologists and their patients. Under the leadership of Evander A. Boynton, III, MD, a fellowship trained board certified dermatopathologist, this division offers a wide spectrum of cutaneous diagnostic services and is devoted to providing accurate, decision-oriented health information.
With over a decade diagnosing skin lesions and biopsies from a broad range of neoplastic and inflammatory conditions, Dr. Boynton applies a wealth of experience to provide the highest quality of service. He, along with DermatoPath’s team of board certified pathologists, works hard to ensure physicians receive the most clincally relevant diagnoses for better patient outcomes.
- Expertise in the histopathological analysis of pigmented lesions, inflammatory dermatoses & epithelial neoplasms
- Slide preparation and a broad spectrum of immunohistochemical staining
- Frozen section coverage for some service areas
- Consultations and second opinions on slides prepared outside of our laboratory
- Internal expert review for all abnormal cases
FLOW Cytometry may be used as supportive evidence to a diagnosis determined through conventional means of morphology in conjunction to histochemical staining.
The high sensitivity of FLOW Cytometry makes it useful in confirming cell lineage to evaluate response to therapy and to aid in the staging of hematological malignancies. Specimens can include blood, bone marrow, tissue, and fluids.